Negotiations
My fiancé & I decided to book our venue, which we absolutely love. But we went to sign the contract and ran up against a few obstacles...

- The contract is an old one, and we have to write in all the new stuff. I know it's not a big deal and handwritten additions to a contract are still binding, but it bugs me anyway.
- They are really pushing for us to have an "unlimited bar package," and to me that means, "Please let us give you a bill of an undetermined amount!" I'd rather have a set allotment for drinks, but I can't figure out the logistics of this.
- There's nothing about clean-up in the contract. And, we forgot to ask about it during the meeting--oops.
- We forgot to ask if the prices are locked-in. What if the price of fish or chicken goes up, will we be charged?
- We need more time. 4 hours for ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner & dancing isn't enough.
- We thought we could rent the place for the evening, but we realized it doesn't include having the place free all day for vendor set-up. We'll now be paying for all day. (!)

I'm going to have my fiancé take care of this, because I can be kind of a hard-ass when negotiating. He, on the other hand, talks to people nicely and makes his requests seem so perfectly reasonable. A good skill to have!

0 comments:

Post a Comment