Great Non-Strapless Dresses
I wonder why the trend in bridal fashion is a style most people can't wear. Strapless dresses are NOT universally flattering, and I've been working hard to explore non-strapless (yet still sleeveless) options. I have a few favorites:

Lazaro style 3701. I love the modified A-line shape, the flattering V-neck, and the lace detailing. Retails for about $3,500.


Casablanca style 1895. I swore I wouldn't wear anything with pickups (still not sure about that), but this one photographs well. Check out this real bride in it. In the $1,500 range.


Next up is David's Bridal/Oleg Cassini, CD278. It's an incredibly simple and beautifully cut dress. I also apprehensive about buying anything from David's Bridal, but am willing to test my luck. A personal favorite, I have yet to see many brides wearing this (although many talk about trying it on). Relatively inexpensive at $750 ($850 for plus sizes). Maybe in the upcoming year we'll see some "real brides" wearing this one:

I'll confess; these (well the last two, anyway) are my top contenders! My personal figure "issues" are plus-sizedness in general, a big bust and a big stomach (and a relatively smaller waist). I wonder if one of these will do the trick for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment