Bridal Workout: Gains & Losses
As soon as the Mr. & I started talking about getting married, I knew one thing for sure--I wanted to lose weight.

I've always been "overweight," "plus-size," whatever you want to call it, but some life circumstances left me at my highest weight and quite unhealthy when David finally made it official. I'm happy to have found someone who loves me no matter what size I am! But the idea of being photographed looking like this makes me terribly nervous.

My doctor has since said that I'm very healthy despite the extra pounds, but I know that won't be the case for long if I don't make some changes. Since my health isn't a pressing issue, I'm forced to be honest: I just don't like the way I look. I want to wear more interesting clothes, and I'm tired of being worried every time I get on a plane or go to a theater or any other place where I might not quite fit into the seats. I miss being active, and I'd love to be more energetic and more physical in general.

All these things had been on my mind for a while, but having that ring on my finger was what really jump-started my fitness plan. I started 3 weeks ago with 30-40 minutes of cardio 5 days a week. I'm mostly doing the treadmill & elliptical trainer, but I plan to add some pilates, yoga, & aerobics in the coming months.

The exercise has been a big shock to my body--I haven't exercised so regularly in years! But after 3 weeks, I seem to be adjusting. I finally weighed myself again this weekend and found that I've gained four pounds. Disappointed, I found an online article reminding me to take measurements, also--and I'm glad I did! I've lost 2 inches each in the hips, waist & bust. Yay for exercise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment