Idea of the Day: Handpainted Invites
I was reading my Weddingbee RSS feed and "discovered" Momental Designs, a company that does handpainted invitations. Really! Handpainted! Here's how she does it.

I loved reading about Kristy Rice and especially her blog, where she features her current projects and customizations. Her "blooms" series is my favorite. This one is called "painted peonies":



We aren't ordering invites for a few more months, and a while back we picked these beautiful letterpress ones from Smock. I still melt whenever I see them!



Quite a contrast. I do love the idea of the hand-painted; it's elegant but so very different from a "typical" invite. Plus I thought it'd be perfect, since FH is an artist... so our guests would immediately make a connection there. On the other hand, the letterpress invites are undeniably beautiful and more likely to make an impression.

My fiancé, with his MFA in printmaking, has a lot to say about the invites. Like me, he really wants to send "something we can be proud of" to our guests (he came up with that on his own, I swear!), and I love that he's so involved. So, the final decision will (mostly!) be up to him. We'll see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment