Menswear Redux
My poor FH has never worn a tuxedo. "What did you wear to your 1st wedding?" "It was casual," he says. "Well, what did you wear to prom?" He said, "Well, I can't remember the prom!" What can I say to that?

But luckily, he is more than willing to wear a beautiful suit for our wedding! We've decided to try and purchase the suit if we can, so he can wear it again. A few weekends ago, we went shopping for the first time, and were able to narrow some things down. Also helpful was Style Me Pretty's five part series on menswear (linked below).

It seems there are endless choices; size of lapel, what type of shirt to wear, etc. etc. How is it that there can be so many choices, when they all end up looking mostly the same?

Anyway, we narrowed it down to a nice classic black suit, peak lapels, and a nice tie instead of the standard bow-tie look. I was prepared for another round of shopping, when last night I was trolling through my RSS and found this post from photographer David Wittig.

FH looks over my shoulder at the handsome couple, and points to the groom. "Hey isn't that kind of what we were looking at? Is that a tuxedo?" And I said yes.



"Hey, that looks nice. I like it," he says. And just like that, it was done. Guys are so easy!

In case your fiancé isn't quite as easygoing as mine, here are the links to Style Me Pretty's super-helpful series for men in five parts:
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment