You're Simply Invited
It's true our wedding isn't for several more months, but when there was a sale at the invitation store, combined with a promotion from the invitation company, I couldn't resist! So, we ordered the invitations a bit early and they're almost ready to be printed!

We're so excited to have chosen our invitations from Smock Papers, out of New York. The first time we saw them I knew they'd be perfect.

After going back & forth with wording, format, and layout, the proofs are here! I've had to block out some personal details, which really makes the invitations quite unattractive. Sorry! But trust me, they are beautiful.

If you're wondering why there's a website address in the lower right corner, we decided to do an online-only RSVP. We are very lucky that all of our guests - including parents & grandparents! - are relatively computer-savvy.

We were going to do a separate card with our website info, but I just couldn't justify the expense. Why pay to print a separate card with two lines on it? Since most of our guests are traveling, they'll need our website for more info anyway, and I personally don't like invitations with lots of little parts that are easy to lose. So we put it right on the invitation.

Etiquette guidelines say that you can put the website on the invitation only if it's for the express purpose of submitting a reply, so I think we're okay there. But honestly, once I had this idea in mind, there was no going back -- etiquette or not!

Click to enlarge:


Previously, I had written about my struggles with wording. Our original layout ended up being way too many words (what was I thinking?), and ruined the delicate spacing that led us to choose this invitation in the first place. So we simplified. No "together with our families," no "reception to follow," etc. I love the new version! What do you think? Can you spot any mistakes before we officially send it to the printers?

0 comments:

Post a Comment