Moving Day, and other lessons
I've neglected this blog terribly, but I have a happy reason: I've just moved in with my fiancé! All the packing, moving, labeling and hauling take up an awful lot of time & energy.

I'll admit, it's quite an adjustment for me. I'm used to having my own space & my own stuff. After all, I've been on my own for almost half my life! My fiancé has been married before and is much more relaxed about the transition.

In addition, we now have four cats. FH has three, and I have one little cat. They are adjusting MUCH better than we thought they would. My cat, despite being a scaredy cat her entire life, is excited and very interested in her new brothers & sister. She wants to play with them! FH's cats aren't quite there yet.

But the hardest lesson for me was totally unexpected. In the process of packing & moving, I've aggravated a back injury. Over the past year I've had some increasing back pain & general weakness. I always shrugged it off, but the pain has made it impossible.

I'm not totally incapacitated, but moving, bending, lifting & unpacking are totally out of the question for me, for at least another few weeks. Not to mention I feel like I've been hit by a car... AGAIN. This means my poor FH is doing ALL the work. Normally, I'm the type to have everything unpacked into a new place within days. Not this time! I'm forced to be patient, because there's no way I can rearrange anything now.

I'm forced to depend on my fiancé for so many things I would prefer to do by myself, and he's been wonderful about it. My doctor says I should be grateful for not having to do too much... apparently it's usually the other way around, right? But suddenly when I'm forced to quit doing stuff, it's not nearly as much fun as it should be.

I'm inclined to believe this is an early lesson on give & take in a marriage. I just wish it came with less pain!

0 comments:

Post a Comment