Nightmare!
I had my first wedding nightmare months ago, after we were first engaged and I'd just barely started wedding planning. I was already an emotional mess, feeling all kinds of happy & conflicting things as people do when faced with such a major life change!

The priority at the time was selecting a wedding venue, and I just couldn't find anything that seemed "right" for us. I was worried about finding a dress, and the budget, and all kinds of things.

So the nightmare started with the venue. Nothing was done, and I was in my (ugly) wedding dress with my mom and guests were scattered everywhere. The place had a weird red floor, and I was in my dress trying to put linen & table settings out. There were no flowers, since I'd forgotten to order them.

Then, in walks my photographer, Jessica Claire (wow, this really was a dream!). But because of all the chaos, she wasn't even shooting--she was helping us with the terrible mess. And there was a flood in the middle of all this.

Then, everyone was supposed to go upstairs for the ceremony. The venue had two floors, but no staircase! So people were upstairs and floating downstairs or falling outright.

My dress was dirty and in tatters. Everyone started to leave, and after 2 hours, there was no wedding at all. And Jessica Claire walked out (after shooting 2 photos) and said, "Wow, that was easy!" and all I could think was, "Oh no, there went $15,000!"

Unbelievable. I know nightmares are a part of the process, but I know they're not really about the wedding. They're about all the emotion & simultaneous reflection & looking forward that happens during engagement, bla bla bla... but they sure are hilarious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment