Dress Developments VI: Mori-Lee me!
I was flipping through a random bridal magazine* when I saw yet another spread of "How to cover up your plus-sized figure" (I plan to show mine off, thank you very much) featuring a dress that looked strikingly familiar. Then I remembered where I saw it.

During the summer, I decided I would have my dress custom made and sketched a dress that I thought I could wear. Here is the original post. It was a combination of a few other dresses (including Mori Lee's 3032), plus some personal knowledge about what works with my figure (v-neck, ruching, asymmetrical draping, etc.). In the meantime, I purchased some fabric & beading and have set about finding a seamstress.

Then today, I saw this dress in the latest Bride's magazine, and here it is, on the Mori Lee website! My sketches were made and scanned in August, and the earliest info I found on this dress is from October.

The resemblance is, in my opinion, uncanny... but you be the judge (click to enlarge & see my original notes).





*Yes, I have enough random bridal magazines that they are scattered throughout the house! This particular magazine is the January 2010 issue of Bride's magazine, page 54.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, they look identical to me!

  2. They ARE identical. Next time you post something, put a copyright notice. Otherwise it's public domain and you can't protect your creation.

  3. M:

    Sorry, Rosanna. Not true. Current copyright law is as follows:

    In the past, in some jurisdictions such as the USA, a work would enter the public domain with respect to copyright if it was released without a copyright notice. This was true prior to March 1, 1989 (according to the USA Copyright office), but is no longer the case. Any work receives copyright as soon as it is fixed in a tangible medium.

Post a Comment